Service Requests

The online Service Request application is supported by the following internet browsers, Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari and Microsoft Edge.

We offer two ways to submit a Service Request to report a County Road or Expressway related issue such as: malfunctioning traffic signal or street light, potholes, graffiti, illegal dumping, etc.

  1. ​​Complete this County's Gen​eral Service Request​ .  The first time you visit our upgraded site, a login registration is required to submit service request(s). 
    How to create a Work Request
    How to Create a Work Request for County Airports
  2. Download the Mobile Citi​z​en​ App​​ to your smartphone, take a picture of the issue and submit. Click on the App Store or the Google Play icons below to download the App. ​
    How to Create a request in SCC Roads Mobile Citizen app. 

Download on the App Store


Get it on Google Play


Service worker in an aerial bucket

Reporting Traffic Signal Problems:   Complete the Servi​ce Request​ form to report problems with traffic signal on a County-maintained expressways; Almaden, Capitol, Central, Foothill, Lawrence, Montague, Oregon/Page Mill or San Tomas, or in an unincorporated area.  

Reporting Roadway Problems:  Complete the Service Request​ form. The County maintains roads in unincorporated areas of the County (those not within city limits) and the expressway system (but not Southwest Expressway). Other roads are operated by the various cities and the State. 

Reporting Street Light Problems:   Complete the Service ​Request​ form.  When reporting a street light problem, first check the pole for a maintenance logo.  Most County-maintained street light poles, except wooden poles, have a maintenance logo attached to the pole on the street side, about 6 feet above the ground.  A pole number is similarly located and consists of 4 or 5 digits. Wood poles do not have the logo but should have a pole number. If the pole number includes a letter as the 2nd or 3rd character, i.e., 1J11 or 12Q112, then it is most likely maintained by the City of San Jose's Department of Transportation.  

If the street light is on a wooden pole, then it might be maintained by Pacific Gas and Electric (PGE).  Report the outage directly to PGE by using the link  PGE Street Light Service Request. The PGE site can help identify whether the pole is maintained by PGE or by a particular city, including contact information.

County traffic signal and roadway service requests submitted by one of the forms above will be responded to as soon as possible, often by the next business day;  street light service requests are usually completed within 10 business days.  To speak with a staff member during business hours. Please contact the phone numbers below.    

  • For roadway problems only, during business hours (Mon-Fri, 7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.), call (408)494-2750.
  • For traffic signal and street light problems only, during business hours, call (408)494-2700.

Contact other agencies or municipalities directly regarding problems with their facilities. ​​​

Related Links and Useful Documents

©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.