Your Construction Project

All work within the County right-of-way, expressways and unincorporated roads, requires an encroachment permit from the County Roads & Airports Department and must conform to County Standards.  This requirement also applies to setting up traffic control within the County right-of-way. 

To determine if your project will affect the County right-of-way and, therefore, require an encroachment permit, please check the County Road Book and/or the Interactive Property Profile GIS Map enabling the “County Maintained Roads” layer.

For more information on how to apply for encroachment​ permits  and requirements, please see check  the Permits section​.     

​Please see below for links to the County Standard Details, Specifications and documents.   This page also includes typical Traffic Control Plans for local roads that can be used for certain encroachment permit applications.​​​​​​

Related Links

©2023 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.