Intersection of Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue in San Jose.
The project will provide operational and safety improvements at the intersection of Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue. Diagram of intersection improvements .
Work will include:
- Adding a second left turn lane from northbound Almaden Expressway onto eastbound Camden Avenue.
- Adding a second left turn lane from southbound Almaden Expressway onto westbound Camden Avenue
- Squaring all four corners at the intersection Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue to improve bicycle and pedestrian safety and calm traffic.
- Upgrading existing pedestrian curb ramps to comply with current Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards
- Modifying traffic signals which will include, installing new signal poles, new traffic signal controller and service cabinets, upgrading pedestrian push buttons to make them contactless and accessible for the blind, and installing pedestrian motion sensors
- Repaving the intersection within the project limits
- Installing new pavement striping and markings
- All construction operations are anticipated to take place within immediate vicinity of the intersection Almaden Expressway and Camden Avenue
- Project advertisement: June 28, 2022
- Bid opening: July 21, 2022
- Bid award: TBD
- Construction schedule: TBD
Construction schedule will be provided after contract award and will be dependent on contractor's schedule, weather, and material availability.
- Project end: 2nd quarter 2023
Measure B Expressway