Project # 20-30
Update: Construction has begun at the intersections of Foothill Expressway and Main Street & W. Edith Avenue.
The proposed work is located at the five (5) following intersections in the City of Los Altos:
- Foothill Expressway at Arastradero Road/Miranda Avenue
- Foothill Expressway at W. Edith Avenue
- Foothill Expressway at Main street
- Foothill Expressway at Magdalena Avenue
- Foothill Expressway at Grant Road/St. Joseph Avenue
- Installing pedestrian sensors to detect pedestrians crossing Foothill Expressway, allowing them to cross safely by extending walk times when needed. (All five locations)
- Installing larger traffic signal poles with mast-arms to improve visibility of signal indications. (Two locations – Main Street and W. Edith Avenue)
- Replacing CCTV cameras for traffic monitoring. (Two locations – Main Street and W. Edith Avenue)
- Installing new in-pavement detectors at stop bars to detect bicycles travelling in any lane of traffic. (One location – Magdalena Avenue)
This project is funded by the County of Santa Clara Road Fund.
Schedule of Construction:
December 2020 – March 2021
This project has a duration of fifty (50) working days. The hours of work will be between 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Weekend work may be permitted if requested by the Contractor and approved by the County.