Encroachment Permits

An Encroachment Permit from the Roads and Airports Department is required for any and all work located within the County of Santa Clara Road Right of Way (ROW).  Typical examples of work requiring this type of permit are new, replacement, repair, lateral connections, and/or temporary utility services for sewer, gas, electric, cable, and water; removing, replacing, and/or installing new and/or existing driveway approaches, sidewalks, curb and gutter, underdrains, fences, landscaping, retaining walls, and/or utility poles; tree removal or major pruning; drainage and roadway restoration and/or improvements; temporary construction activities; and traffic control.

©2023 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.